The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust Scholarship UK 2022
The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (QEST) is a charitable trust that provides funding to students from the UK. The charity was founded in 1919 to further and nurture the association between the British and Australian Commonwealths.
The scholarship is funded primarily by donations provided by private companies, as well as by some grants from New Zealand Government organizations.
Scholarship awards are granted each year for high achieving candidates who wish to pursue their degrees in a UK university.
Students who apply for these scholarships need to fall under one of the following categories:
- Students already pursuing a degree program in UK universities
- Students planning to take additional degrees in any of the fields above
- Scholarship winners are selected based on their academic performance, their financial need, as well as their leadership skills.
The QEST 2022 Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for study in the UK for undergraduate and postgraduate taught degrees, with a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The QEST 2022 Scholarships Programme offers bursaries and scholarships to girls and women aged 13-25, who have the potential to become future leaders in their communities. The programme aims to help them reach their full potential as people and as leaders. The QEST Bursaries Programme provides financial support to female students from less well-off backgrounds who are studying at a college or university in the UK.
Scholarships offered by The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust (QEST) provide funding for students from the UK and Republic of Ireland to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate course at one of our partner colleges in South Africa. Our aim is to assist talented students who would otherwise be unable to afford such a prestigious course.
This scholarship programme offers the following types of scholarships:
Undergraduate scholarships – up to £10,000 per year towards tuition fees during your studies at undergraduate level;
Postgraduate scholarships – up to £10,000 per year towards tuition fees during your studies at postgraduate level;
Eligible Countries & Regions:
To be eligible for this scholarship programme, applicants must:
- You must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country which includes: Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei Darussalam, Cameroon, Canada, Dominica, Fiji Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica Kenya Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mauritius Mozambique Namibia Nauru New Zealand Nigeria Pakistan Papua New Guinea St Christopher Nevis St Lucia St Vincent & the Grenadines Samoa Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Solomon Islands South Africa Sri Lanka Sudan Swaziland Tanzania Tonga Trinidad & Tobago Uganda
- Have no dependents
- Be able to provide evidence of funds for both tuition fees and living costs
- Have an offer of admission to study at a UK university (applicants must have applied by 30 June in the year they wish to study)
- Have a good academic profile;
- Have an interest in science, technology and innovation;
- Be willing to contribute positively towards promoting science, technology and innovation in the UK;
- Not receive any other scholarship or bursary from any other organization for the same course.
The number of awardees:
There will be 55 awardees in QEST 2022, equally divided between male and female candidates.
How to Apply for QEST
The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust awards scholarships to outstanding students from Commonwealth countries. It is one of the largest providers of scholarships for students outside the UK. Most of the awards are merit based with a few being reserved for gifted students. Till date, QEST has awarded scholarships to over 1,750 students from over 70 countries.
The scholarship program covers university and college costs as well as maintenance and living expenses. QEST Scholarships can be taken either from England, Scotland or Wales.
Application Process of QEST Scholarship
The deadline for application is July 1st 2022 and the applications are made online through their website. Students can apply directly on their website or through an independent agency. Applicants are required to submit a short essay, their transcripts and certificates for verification of their best 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) and A levels (or equivalent). They will also need to provide information about themselves such as nationality, date of birth and proof that they are eligible to study in the United Kingdom.
Selection Criteria of the selection of QEST Scholarship
Being a British Citizen is the main requirement for QEST Scholarship UK 2022. There are other eligibility criteria, like nationality and age etc. which need to be met by the applicant. One of the most important selection criteria of QEST Scholarship UK is that one must first be a British citizen. The QEST Scholarship UK will not consider any application from those who are not eligible to apply to it.
The next step is to ensure that the applicant meets all the requirements regarding their nationality and age etc. QEST Scholarship UK 2022 will not consider any application that does not meet all these requirements as it would be denied as per the selection procedure of QEST Scholarship UK 2022.
One also has to have maintained full-time registration on a PhD programme for at least one academic year in an organisation or institution located in the United Kingdom, and must be a full-time PhD candidate at an accredited institution in the year of application for QEST scholarship from the United Kingdom.
Selection Criteria of Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust Scholarship UK 2022
- 1. The students should be the citizen of UK
- 2. The student should have good academic background with at least 3.5 GPA in their SSC or A-Levels
- 3. The student must be willing to work for QEST organization for a year after completing his/her higher studies after coming back to Bangladesh
- 4. The candidate can be from any field/discipline as long as it’s related to engineering, technology and management
- 5. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview and only successful candidates will be offered scholarship by QEST Scholarship UK 2022
- 6. The candidates must not have obtained degree from any institution outside the UK in order to apply for this scholarship program
- 7. The candidates’ age should fall between 18 – 25 years to qualify for this scholarship program of QEST Scholarship UK 2022
The Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust is a highly respected charitable organization in the United Kingdom. Since 1953 the trust has awarded over £365 million to internationally-educated students who are now active members of British society. The QEST scholarship program is simple and straightforward, requiring only that you be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at a university, college or similar institution within the United Kingdom that offers degrees from recognized institutions of higher learning.
For more information or any clarifications, consider contacting us. We can provide you with the official page URLs to access the portals and authentic information > Contact us.